CTM Around the World
NB: Video is silent
CTM in Australia (July 2010)
Following the Australian Consultation, a small group of Children & Families practitioners agreed to meet together consider how to progress the Child Theology Movement in Australia. This small group subsequently facilitated a session at the 2009 "Leaders 2 Go" Conference that has in turn led to the formulation of a series of draft "Aims and Objectives" for the CTM in Australia.
- Foster the development of theological academic research, publications and course outlines relating to Child Theology
- Ensure every student in an Australian theological college has the opportunity to engage with the tenets of the Child Theology Movement
- Assist the church at a local, regional, state and national level in applying the insights derived from a "child in the midst" approach to the church's whole life and mission
- Establish a national "college" of Children & Families ministry that would develop and implement strategies to integrate Child Theology as outlined above
- Develop and implement a state-based strategy for engagement with theological colleges
- Develop and implement a strategy within each denomination for discerning and applying the insights derived from a "child in the midst" approach to its life and mission
- Develop a methodology involving consultation and collaboration that facilitates engagement with Child Theology at different levels of ministry.
'The Child Theology Movement in Australia' Report by Chris Barnett- click here to download
+return to top+